Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sleeping Arrangements

Ok, so when did my son grow up so fast?
This morning Connor was laying in bed with me, cuddling, and he was rubbing my belly. He actually rubs it a lot, now that he knows baby Kade is in there. Anyway, he was rubbing it, talking to baby Kade, and asking him to come out soon so they could play. While he was rubbing my belly, I thought it would be a good opportunity to talk a little about the hospital stay and what was going to happen here in a few weeks. So, I told him how Mommy would be gone for a few days, that he would have to take care of Daddy at home, and continue to clean his room, be a good boy, and of course bring me treats at the hospital. Then, I mentioned that when the baby comes home, that Mommy may be really tired a lot. I explained that the baby will probably cry a lot at night and Mommy might need to take a few naps during the day. Then he kind of looked a little puzzled and asked where the baby was going to sleep. I told him that Kade would probably sleep in a little bed in our room for a few weeks until he didn't cry as much at night, and then he would sleep in his crib in Connor's room, with him. Connor got kind of quiet for a second and then went over to Daddy and said the following...

"Daddy?"
He taps him on the arm.
"I want Baby Kade to sleep in my room, so Mommy doesn't get tired at night. I can be tired, but Mommy need to sleep."

Seriously, did my 4-YEAR OLD just say that? Awwww!

4 comments:

  1. I love that you have a counter!! I'm glad I could pave the way. And I LOVE Connor!! What a sweet kid. I hope our baby is that sweet. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little cutie pie. Sounds like he has a soft heart for Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a love!!! How sweet of him to think of you like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very sweet. I think people underestimate how smart and thoughtful our little ones can be. :)

    ReplyDelete